The Technical University of Moldova, cybersecurity company ESET and the EMA – Development and Mobility Agency announce the selection contest of candidates for participation in the cybersecurity training program. The program is organized within the project financially supported by the United States Department of State: Skilled workforce for the Moldovan IT sector: Cyber Security Academy – Phase 2.
The program involves the selection of up to 30 candidates, who will attend two level courses within the Cybersecurity Academy established at TUM, FCIM. The selected candidates will complete the 1st level – Soft skills course in the winter semester delivered by experienced trainer Ilie Dercaci. Graduates of the first level will continue in 2nd level – Hard skills course delivered by trainers from company ESET during the summer semester of 2021/2022.
Soft skills course will improve students’ communication and presentation skills and their ability to work in a team. It will support their preparedness for internship and future employment. The contest is addressed to full-time students of second-year (and above).
The project will provide three-month internships for 5 students (best graduates of the course) in the ESET company headquarters (Bratislava, Slovakia). The mobility programme will cover costs related to the internship: i) travel costs (return air ticket) and ii) the costs of dormitory accommodation and the student’s financial support to cover the part of the costs for living during the internship up to 700 Eur per month. Successful graduates of the course will receive certificates issued by the company ESET.
The dossier can be submitted, until October 21, 2021, inclusive, to the address of the CIM dean’s office email@example.com . The selection committee will be composed of TUM and ESET representatives.
The final selection of candidates will be made online through short interviews with candidates.
The application dossier for the soft skills course includes:
- Application for the competition (addressed to the committee, expressing a request to participate in the competition and consent to processing personal data by the selection committee).
- Academic Certificate, issued by the faculty administration.
- Curriculum vitae in English (Europass form + photo).
- Student certificate issued by the secretariat of the faculty, which confirms the cycle and the year of studies in the current academic year.
- Motivation letter in English (explaining the motivation to apply for the course, expression of interest to travel, and complete an internship at ESET in Slovakia).
Note: All documents are submitted electronically.
Criteria for submitting the application file
- Eligibility criteria
- To be a full-time student (bachelor/master level – preferably last year students) at the Technical University of Moldova, Faculty of Computers, Informatics, and Microelectronics,
- To submit all the documents as mentioned above;
- To submit other documents additionally requested by the selection committee;
- Selection criteria
- Meet the eligibility conditions;
- Pass all exams successfully;
- Knowledge of English – level B1 and higher;
- Specific criteria
- Students of the Information Security study program or with some experience in the Cybersecurity domain;
- Good academic results in the current year;
- Participation in competitions and other extra-curricular activities.
|Selection contest calendar|
|15.10.2021- 21.10.2021||Registration based on the application dossier|
|22.10.2021||Selection interview(if necessary, online)|
|22.10.2021||Announcement of results|
|Course implementation and internship calendar|
|25.10.2021- 30.11.2021||Course Schedule, 10 classes/meetings within 5 weeks. Each unit take 4 hours. Exact days will be communicated to selected candidates.|
|Internships – for 5 best students||The preliminary period: July – September 2022|
For additional details: Project coordinator from TUM, Dumitru Ciorbă, dr., FCIM Dean, dumitru.ciorbă@fcim.utm.md
Course coordinator from UTM Rodica Bulai, Head of information security study program firstname.lastname@example.org
“This project is funded by a grant from the United States Department of State.
The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of State.”