Technical University of Moldova together with EMA – Development and Mobility Agency and in partnership with cyber security company ESET announces the selection process for up to 25 students for new round of the successful Cyber Security Academy Programme financed by the SlovakAid.
The programme consists of 3 modules + internship at ICT company in Slovakia or Moldova. The modules are mutually linked and will be offered to the same group of full-time students, especially those of the last year of study. All successful graduates of the Academy will receive certificates.
The Cyber Security Academy
- Soft Skills Module – focused on teamwork, communication, and presentation skills with an experienced coach from the business sector,
- English Language – Cambridge methodology, focused on enhancing English skills important for working in an international team,
- Hard Skills Module – led by experts from ICT company and will contain topics such as Hypervisor, Git knowledge, Virtual Box, network settings for Virtual Box, Capture the flag on Robot machine and Network scanner,
- Internships – After completing the above modules, top 6 students will be offered an internship (from 1 to 3 months) with one of the IT companies in Slovakia or Moldova, with the living costs covered for up to 1000 EUR per month. Internship is applicable only to the final year students of bachelor’s or master’s degree. The internships will count as one class with full credits!
An information Webinar will be organized by EMA and TUM on the 1st November 2023, at 17:00 MD Time. You can attend the meeting by clicking this MS Teams link at the specified time.
Interested students should send their application by 6th November 2023 to email@example.com. The selection process will be done by the Selection Committee, composed of representatives of the TUM and EMA, and the shortlisted candidates might be invited for a short interview.
The application should include:
- Application for the programme (addressed to the committee), expressing a request to participate and consent to process personal data by the selection committee;
- Academic Certificate issued by the faculty administration;
- CV in English (max 2 pages);
- Student Certificate issued by the secretariat of the faculty, which confirms the current cycle and academic year.
Note: All documents are submitted only electronically.
- To be a full-time student (bachelor/master’s level – preferably last year students) at the Technical University of Moldova, Faculty of Computers, Informatics, and Microelectronics,
- English language skills at B1 level or higher,
- Basic networking and OS (Windows and Linux) knowledge,
- Experience with at least one popular programming language (C, C++, python, etc.),
- Nice to have: some experience with Virtual Machines or Docker,
- To submit all documents stated above.
|07.11.2023-14.11.2023||Selection process, including interviews|
|Cyb-Sec Academy Calendar|
|Starting in week 20-26.11.2023||Soft Skills module (once a week 90 minutes at TUM, 16 lessons)|
|Starting in week 20-26.11.2023||English language (once a week 90 min, 6 months) at TUM|
|Starting in March 2024||Hard Skills module|
|Between March-May 2024||Internship at IT companies in Slovakia|
For more info, please contact: the Project Coordinator from TUM – Dumitru Ciorbă, dr., FCIM Dean
This project “Support of the business environment in Moldova: Digital innovations, labour market and investment”, in duration from 01.10.2023 until 30.04.2025 is implemented with the funds of the Official Development Assistance of the Slovak Republic.