We are launching the 3rd year of the Cyber Security Academy for students of the Faculty of Computers, Informatics and Microelectronics at the Technical University of Moldova (TUM) which consists of 3 core modules – Soft Skills Training, Hard Skills Training and the English Language Course.
The overall objective of the teacher is to enhance the English skills of approximately 30 IT students under the Cyber Security Academy.
Scope of Work
The language classes will be offered to students of the Faculty of Computers, Informatics and Microelectronics at TUM. It is envisaged that the students will be divided into two groups based on their current English proficiency level. The first group will benefit from an intermediate English language course tailored to their level and needs while the second group will attend more advanced English with a strong emphasis on IT and communication skills. In the initial phase of this assignment, it is expected that the teacher conducts an individual assessment to determine the level of each student and separate the two groups and take full responsibility for:
- Developing a tailored training course for each group;
- Planning and conducting 1 lesson (90 min) a week for each group;
- Evaluating the progress of individual students on monthly basis to measure progress, identify barriers to learning and recommend action to overcome barriers;
- Identify and provide useful resources and course material for each group and mentor students in their use;
- Consistently keep a record of participation of individual students and consult TUM management in the case of repetitive absence;
- Ensure that the lessons are planned and delivered in a highly participative and interactive manner and responsive to the request and suggestions of the students;
- Organise English proficiency tests at the beginning and end of the course and verify satisfactory achievement of the students;
- Other related tasks are based on need and agreement.
Duration and place of the work
The teacher will be contracted as a consultant by EMA – Development and Mobility Agency and engaged for 6 months for 72 hours (60 min/hour).
The course is to be delivered physically at the TUM premises starting from early October and the teacher is responsible for making all logistical arrangements for the delivery of the lessons, in close coordination with TUM.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in teaching English, having experience with teaching in the IT sector is a strong asset;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to transfer knowledge to students;
- Reliability, flexibility and ability to adjust to changing circumstances and needs.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their proposal for this assignment by 03 October (updated) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include „English teacher” in the subject line.
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
The proposal should include:
- Certification or documentation indicating applicant’s English teaching skills;
- A draft methodology for how the course programme will be developed, how the lessons will be planned and delivered and what course material will be used;
- A work plan illustrating all steps that the candidate will take to carry out the course.