EMA – Development and Mobility Agency together with the Technical University of Moldova and ESET cyber security experts are announcing the selection process of up to 30 FCIM students for the Cyber Security Academy Programme 2022/2023 financed by SlovakAid and the U.S. Department of State.
The programme consists of 3 core modules + internships at ESET. The modules are mutually linked and will be offered to the same group of full-time students, especially those in the second year and above.
The Cyber Security Academy:
- Soft Skills Module (Winter Term): focused on teamwork, communication and presentation skills;
- Hard Skills Module (Spring Term): taught by ESET experts and focused on capacity development;
- English Language Module: focused on enhancing English skills important for work in an international team;
- Internships: After completing the above modules, the top 5 students will be offered internships for one month directly at ESET in Iași Romania with their living costs covered for up to 700 EUR per month. The internships will count as one class with full credits!
The programme will also offer a one-day trip to ESET in Iasi where the internships take place.
Successful graduates of the Academy will also receive certificates.
Interested students should send their application by 1 October 2022 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection process will be done by the Selection Committee composed of representatives of the TUM and ESET, and the shortlisted candidates might be invited to a short interview.
The application should include:
- Application (addressed to the committee), expressing a request to participate in the selection process, including consent to personal data processing (Cerere ASC-ESET);
- Academic Certificate issued by the faculty administration;
- CV in English (max 2 pages);
- Motivation Letter in English (max 1 page) explaining your motivation to participate in the Academy and how it will help you develop your skills;
Note: All documents are submitted only electronically.
- Eligibility criteria
- A full-time student (bachelor/master’s level – preferably last year students) at the Technical University of Moldova, Faculty of Computers, Informatics, and Microelectronics;
- Submit all documents stated above;
- Submit additional documents if requested by the Selection Committee.
- Selection criteria
- Meet the eligibility criteria;
- Pass all exams successfully;
- English language skills at B1 level or higher.
- Specific criteria
- Students of the Information Security study programme or with some experience in the cyber security domain;
- Good academic results in the current year;
- Participation in competitions and other extra-curricular activities.
|15.09.2022- 01.10.2022||Application process|
|03.10.2022-07.10.2022||The selection process, interviews, students’ announcement|
|10.10.2022- 10.12.2022||Soft Skills module (approximately 8 weeks)|
|November 2022||Visit of ESET in Iasi, Romania|
|March-April 2023||Hard Skills module (approximately 8 weeks)|
|English language||Both terms, once a week (90 min) at the TUM|
|ESET internship||June or July 2023|
For more info, please contact: the Project Coordinator from TUM – Dumitru Ciorbă, dr., FCIM Dean at: email@example.com; or the Course Coordinator from TUM – Rodica Bulai, Head of Information Security Study Programme at: firstname.lastname@example.org